Some things I have been loving this week:
1. Candles by Garden of Grace which is a local [Trinidadian] handmade store that sells absolutely deliciously smelling candles that are extremely affordable. I picked up Buttercream, White Cuppa Tea, Gingerbread Coffee [ which I’m currently burning now] and Country Blueberry which I highly recommend cause it’s hands down my fave right now. I’ll definitely be doing a review soon cause I can’t not talk about these! #supportlocal
2. So with one of my 2015 resolutions being to find some peace with my spirituality, I make it my priority to read the daily reading/devotional from the Joyce Meyer book “Starting Your Day Right’. I love the fact that there’s a scripture reading followed by a little explanation in “layman’s” terms. I really do appreciate the fact that everything is so relevant and genuine without heavy “bible thumping” as I call it. Here is the free PDF download which you can read on your phone- anytime and anywhere. You’ll thank me later.
3. I crave a good snack sometimes. There’s a reason why Brookside chocolate everything is my obsession. I can’t get enough. They are basically berries covered in dark chocolate. Gosh, like seriously, you don’t even know how amazing these are! You have to try at least one flavour. There’s the Dark Chocolate Pomegranate, Dark Chocolate Acai, Dark Chocolate Goji Raspberry and so much more! I won’t lie, they can be a bit pricey [depending on the size of bags] but I’m telling you it’s worth it! I found that Target sells them here quite reasonably for a few bucks. Currently I’m eating the Crunchy Clusters which is a mix of berries all covered in dark chocolate.
4. Josie Maran’s 100% Pure Argan Oil Light is my go-to night time moisturizer. I have to stress on the “light” though because since I have oily skin, I don’t want to slather on anything too oily before I go to sleep. I have the 1.7 oz bottle.
5. The Carnival weekend officially begins in Trinidad and how can I not include something that I love?! Right now it’s the song Lucy by Destra and ughhhh I may or may not have it on repeat. Oh, and if you don’t know what Carnival aka The Greatest Show on earth is [ if you know what Caribana is, you’ll understand], take a look at my 2014 CarniVlog here. WARNING: VERY LEWD BEHAVIOUR.
Now listen to #Lucy
What are some of your current faves?