I am a mascara
whore addict. Since I wear neutral eyes only, huge voluminous lashes are just the thing for me because it immediately brings attention to my eyes. Some people like different things but for me, mascara is my love and it’s also the one thing that I spend the most time on in the mornings. Heck, I would get up a whole 10 minutes earlier if I wanted exceptionally huge lashes one day.
Another thing about me is that I am not a lover of false lashes. I mean if it’s for a huge occasion or something then maybe but it’s just not up my ally. That’s why making my natural lashes look gigantic is an important detail in my beauty regime. However, I’ve always had a few problems with the mascaras I tried:
– sometimes it dries so quickly that you can’t build on it
– it clumps when you’re amping them up
– it dries hard and then flakes
– it dries hard and then hurts like hell
– it’s a pain to take off
In comes this amazing mascara that was sent to me from Younique Cosmetics– The Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara. I was given the opportunity to try it out and to give you a review and at first, I was going to just do a review and demo but then, when I excitedly ripped open the package- I couldn’t wait to do a first impression. I mean it’s mascara people!!
So I immediately started layering and I fell in love. But in order to be honest, I decided to wear this every single day for about 3 weeks so that I can truly write a proper post and hence, here’s my mascara routine!
Best of all, I managed to get one to giveaway to one lucky winner so if you love this mascara as much as I do and would like to give it a try, be sure to click on the video and check out the rules for the giveaway!
Younique Cosmetics is a relatively new brand of makeup that has all natural and cruelty free products. Ummm hello! We’re off to a great start right away. The mascaras came in a sleek black textured case-5 stars for packaging anyone? Two mascaras you say? Well, any mascara
whore addict knows that achieving length and volume often requires layering mascaras-usually two different kinds [ofc if you want spidey lashes then one would be fine I guess].
So hence the first reason I knew I was going to like this product. They actually understood the needs of mascara lovers far and wide. One mascara is called the Moodstruck Transplanting Gel [longer tube] and the next is the Natural Fiber mascara.
How to Use:
1. First apply a coat of your normal mascara. This is so that the Transplanting Gel will have something to work with. Don’t worry this is the only time you’re going to be using your normal mascara in this process.
2. Apply the Transplanting Gel
3. Follow up with the Natural Fiber
4. I like to seal with the Transplanting Gel after
5. Repeat the process [optional]
I usually lie to myself and tell myself that the first layer is fine and I don’t need them bigger than that. But who the heck am I really kidding?! In the world of mascara, the bigger the better! Can I get an Amen?!
The Moodstruck Transplanting gel has a HUGE brush which I love and I think that this contributes to so much volume. I’ve had a ton of people ask me if I’m wearing false lashes. I think that’s the biggest compliment ever.
The Natural Fiber mascara has a thin long wand and the fibers are actually visible. Now I think that this is what’s responsible for the insane length that you get. The fibers adhere to the transplanting gel and help to just extend your entire lashes. Is that amazing or what?
Sometimes when you’re applying it you may see the fibers on your lashes but when you apply the transplanting gel, it usually seals everything in place. A quick tip that I mention in the video is to apply the natural fiber mascara vertically because this makes it apply so much better to your lashes!
Remember all the reasons why I had problems with previous mascaras I used in the past? Well with this one, it has made my mascara life much easier.
– No matter how much layers I add, it won’t clump up and I mean I could go for pretty extreme lengths.
– I love that it doesn’t dry hard. To me that’s the best part of this entire thing. I hate when my eyelashes feel hard because it’s so uncomfortable and it annoys me. And then, when it starts to flake umm yea. No thank you.
– Okay I lied. This is my real favourite part. It’s actually waterproof but it comes off so easily with your makeup remover and this makes me so happy. I mean with other mascaras before, I would hate when it was time to remove the makeup because I knew the effort that would have to go into removing my mascara. But now, it’s like boom bang bang let’s remove our makeup girlfriend.
It’s $29.00 US but tbh, that’s not bad at all considering the quality of mascara [not to mention the gorgeous packaging] you’re getting and I mean there are a lot of high end brands with equally or more expensive mascaras which can’t even compare to these-and you’re getting two mascaras to boot.
I would definitely recommend this to any of my fellow mascara addicts because I know you will love it. This product will change your mascara life forever.
To see how I use it be sure to check out this video and if you’d like a chance to get your own Moodstruck 3D Fiber Lash Mascara be sure to see the rules of the giveaway at the end of the video!
Hope you found this review helpful and good luck if you enter the giveaway!
XO, The Classy It Girl!