My latest (and most fun) video series on my channel is currently my #BeautyonaBudget series which is for everyone in general, but I especially make them with my fellow Trinis in mind because here, where I live, everything is jacked up ridiculously. I am always on the hunt for amazing quality but inexpensive makeup and this time, I will be featuring the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream which I LOVE. I have gotten so much compliments on these beauties ever since I started wearing them and to be honest, I really didn’t use any other lip product besides these since I bought them. I also got a ton of questions about them so naturally, they had to be my next #BeautyonaBudget video.
So why are these perfect for you?
1. They are gorgeously matte but not drying so as to dry out your lips like some harsher matte lip products do. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t exfoliate though because cracked lips are never attractive.
2. They smell like icing. No really.They do. It like a lovely buttercream frosting that’s hard to resist.
3. The packaging is super sleek so it’s definitely an on the go goodie.
5. It is very inexpensive, retailing for $39.00 TT in Trinidad which amounts to $6.00 US-definitely worth the buy I’d say!
6. This isn’t really a point but I just find this detail is so cute-they are named after capital cities!
My most worn ones are Addis Ababa (capital of Ethiopia) and San Paulo. I also love Stockholm when I’m in a nude mood (haha). But sadly, Sydney is not for me at all! My complexion is olive with warm undertones so the paleness of it contrasts horribly. But that’s okay cause there are a ton more like these and I cannot wait to get my hands on them!
Have you ever tried these? What are your thoughts/faves?