My Summer Hair, Makeup and OOTD!
Today I took to a park to do this video because I really wanted to change things up a bit and besides, after all, it is SUMMER (well it all depends on where you are in the world). But nonetheless, you cannot deny the fashion that is just all around screaming of summer, as well as the hot sunny weather which , lucky me, living in the Caribbean, has perpetual summer year round.
Here is my everyday summer makeup look which I have been wearing since last semester. I have been obsessed with the pop of colour on your lower lash line for ages. If you know me, then you would know that I am not a fan of coloured eye shadows- I prefer nudes, golds, bronzes and mainly ‘metal’ colours if you want to get complicated. However, I compensate for that by making sure my lower lash line has a pop of colour. In this case, my go-to colour has been electric blue/ turquoise. If you don’t particularly like the blue, then by all means, feel free to use any other colour that you like- can I hear a green or purple?
Here are the list of products that I used to create this look (the video tutorial is at the end of this blog!)
FACE Products Used in Order of Appearance:
- Revlon Photoready Perfecting Primer
- Maybelline BB Cream (Medium Sheer Tint) with Sigma Duo Fibre Brush
- Garnier anti-dark-circle eye roller
- Revlon Photoready Primer & Brightener
- Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal (Barely Branded)
- NAKED BASICS: W.O.S. with Sigma Eye Shading Brush
- NAKED BASICS: mix NAKED2 and Faint with Sigma Tapered Blending Brush
- NAKED BASICS: Venus (Medium Angled Shading Brush)
- Rimmel London Scandaleyes- Tempting Turquoise
- Maybelline The Turbo Volume Express (the darkest colour out there!)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Ammo Palette- Shattered with Sigma Pencil Brush
- Urban Decay NAKED FLUSHED- bronzer with Large Angled Contour brush
- Maybelline Dream Bouncy Blush- Pink Frosting
- Urban Decay NAKED FLUSHED- Highlighter with Large Angled Contour brush
- Maybelline Colour Whisper- Mad for Magenta
HAIR products used:
Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Anti-Frizz Serum
I basically put a dollop into my palms and passed it through my hair. This works amazingly so that your hair is soft and shiny- easy, breezy and beautiful you could call it (yes, I stole Covergirl’s line there). I also love the sparkly headband that I used in my hair and I somehow foresee that this may be something I might be doing quite often.
My Summer OOTD:
I wore my distressed denim retro high-waisted shorts (from Garage) with this sheer top (Sirens) which I tied in a little knot. I wore a mint green bandeau top (from Sirens) underneath it and I paired that with my mint green ballerina flats (Ardene’s). My necklace (from Aldo)was made of mixed metals (copper, bronze, gold and silver) and I love how well the flowers complemented my top.
Here is my Summer Hair, Makeup and OOTD video showing the makeup and hair tutorial step by step. Please don’t forget to thumbs up and subscribe!
XO, The Classy It Girl!