So sometimes, there may be those moments when you find yourself alone. What do you do? Are you the type of girl who just can’t be alone and just has to have company all the time? The ability to be alone is a sign of maturity. It shows that you’re big enough to be independent and do whatever you want to do, without having anyone around to barrage you 24/7. Everyone needs their moments of peace! Besides, when you think you’re alone, you’re really with yourself, so technically that means you’re not alone.
Of course, you may get that hint of boredom (or maybe not), but when you’re alone, I really think that one of the best things you can do with your time is some self introspection aka: self reflection. What better time for this since you won’t have to worry about anyone hovering over you or interrupting you.
It is so important in this world to find out who you really are, and the essence for your existence. It is the only way that you can gain knowledge about what you want for yourself and what you want to accomplish in your life.
INTROSPECTION (noun): the examination or observation of one’s own mental and emotional processes (Oxford)
Additionally, self -reflection is one of the secrets of success and ultimately happiness.
16 Questions for Self-Reflection
1. What do you want most in your life?
2. What do you want to accomplish in your life?
3. List 5 of your values.
4. What have you become?
5. Do you believe in yourself?
6. What is your ideal life look like?
7. What would give your life meaning?
8. Are you hurting? What hurts you the most?
9. What do you wish you can change in your life? If you can’t change it, how can you make it better?
10. How can you live your life fully?
11. What are your dreams/ goals?
12. What will satisfy you?
13. What are the 5 most important things in your life?
14. Is anything holding you back from being happy/ succeeding etc.
15. What are you grateful for?
16. What are your fears?
Take your time to answer these questions whenever you find yourself alone , and you’ll be on your way to finding yourself!
Girly It Girl! <3